Wednesday, July 23, 2008

When you love someone

When someone you loves does something you don't approve of or feel is dangerous what do you do? In recent months I have found myself in this situation with no fewer than 6 close friends.

I have called out a few, tolerated some, prayed about all of them. I have never been so torn in my life. My love for my friends is so strong that I tend to overlook what they are doing because I know who they really are. But these particular issues are deal breakers.

I have been far to judgmental in the past- and find myself being to merciful at other times. I believe in mercy-I have certainly needed my fair share. But my spirit is so upset by these things that I find myself just avoiding the people and therefore avoiding a confrontation.

That was all well and good until the last week or so when apparently my mercy has ended. God is still merciful-but do not ask me for one more minute of grace. I have got to keep myself above water and that is not easy for me sometimes. I can not personally be responsible for everyones secrets. I am glad people feel good talking to me-but I am so glad I am not a counselor!

I need respite.

1 comment:

Aprille Roberts said...

Marla, you are a very easy person to talk to, and I have been blessed to have you pray for me several times. It takes a true friend to tell you what may not be comfortable to hear, the hard truth about what you may be doing wrong. Anyone can pat you on the back and say what you are doing is okay or justifiable, but a true friend doesn't want to see destruction in your life. Thank you for being a true friend.